Nassau Map with facilities and attractions.
Note: A topic with no bullets following indicates that there is nothing of this type available or that if it does exist no information is available. Email the Guide. if you have any related information. Check nearby locations for the services you seek.
Updated: 3 April 2017
Explorer Chart: NP-1, NP-2
- Nassau International Airport.
- There a many scheduled airlines serving Nassau.
- Air Canada; 242-377-1029; 888-247-2262.
- Air Jamaica; 800-523-5585.
- American Eagle; 800-433-7300.
- Bahamasair; 242-377-8451.
- British Airways; 800-247-9297.
- Cat Island Air; 242-377-3318.
- Delta; 800-221-1212.
- Continental / Gulf Stream International; 242-377-4314.
- Pan An Air Bridge; 242-363-3114. Seaplane; Paradise Island.
- Pineapple Air Limited; 242-377-0140.
- Sky Bahamas; 242-377-8993; email@example.com.
- Sky Unlimited; 242-377-8993.
- Southern Air Charter; 242-377-2014.
- US Airways; 800-622-1015.
- Western Air; 242-377-2222.
- Nassau harbor, Paradise Island. Several anchorages along S shore of Paradise I. E of bridge. Bottom is heavily scoured and there is a strong current. Secure anchoring requires finding a patch of sand. Pay attention to security of vessel and dinghy.
- Rose Island; SW corner; good holding in sand.
- Bahamas Area Websites. Sites that can be searched for tourist and business information throughout the Bahamas.
Bank & ATM
- Many banks are available.
- Royal Fidelity Merchant Bank & Trust Ltd; 242-356-9801.
- Sentinel Bank & Trust; 242-394-3781.
Boat Rental / Charter
- Book exchanges are offered by most marinas.
- Bahamas International Rentals Ltd. / Budget Rent A Car; 242-377-7405 / 9000. Airport.
- Cell phone service is excellent throughout the area.
- Many stores offer pre-paid cellular phones for sale.
- Churches of many denominations are available.
- Starbucks - near Yacht Haven Marina.
Customs & Immigration
- Customs officers will come to boats when located at a pier or marina; 242-325-6550; 242-326-4401.
- BASRA headquarters is located in Nassau; 242-325-8864. • BASRA monitors VHF Ch-16 0900-1700. After hours call: 242-322-3877.
- Nassau Harbor Control; VHF Ch-16.
- Two rescue vessels and Nassau Flying Club aircraft are available for emergencies.
- US Coast Guard supports emergency night searches.
- Marine Towing and Salvage SEATOW.
- Fast Ferry; serves Spanish Wells, Harbour Island, Govenor's Harbour.
- SeaLink; serves Exuma, Andros, Eleuthera.
- Sea Wind; serves Andros, Eleuthera, Abaco.
- Water Taxi; Prince George Wharf to Paradise Island.
- Bayshore Marina; Esso diesel and gas.
- East Bay Marina; Shell diesel and gas.
- Harbor Bay Marina; 242-393-4106; Texaco StarPort with diesel and gas; 242-393-4106.
- Hurricane Hole Marina; Shell diesel and gas.
- Nassau Harbour Club; Esso diesel and gas.
- Nassau Yacht Haven; Esso diesel and gas.
Government / Administrator
- Cabinet Office; 242-322-3220.
- American Embassy; 242-322-1181.
- British High Commission; 242-325-7471.
- Canadian Consulate; 242-393-2123.
- Balduccino Fine Foods; 242-393-6320. E Bay St.; Cotton Tree Traders Plaza. Great gourmet foods and fresh baked goods.
- City Market; 242-393-6060. in Harbour Bay Shopping Center.
- Super Value Super Market; will deliver to boat.
- Produce Exchange; Potter's Cay dock. Bahamian fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
- Nassau Harbor Control; VHF Ch-16; 242-322-1596. Report vessel arrival and departure.
- John S. George; Harbour Bay Plaza; Church and Shirley Streets.
- Kelly's Lumber Yard; 242-325-0076.
Internet & WiFi
- WiFi service is widely available at marinas, internet cafes, and other hot spots.
- Starbucks - near Yacht Haven Marina.
- Most marinas have laundry facilities.
- College of the Bahamas Library; Poinciana Drive.
- Eastern Public Library; Mackey Street.
- Nassau Public Library; Main Branch; Church and Shirley Streets.
- Symonette Library; Yellow Elder Street.
- Myriad sources of lodging are available; check tourist information offices and tourism page on this site.
- A Stone's Throw Away; 242-327-7030; firstname.lastname@example.org. Gourmet bed & breakfast; pool.
- Serenity Point; 242-677-5333.
- Nassau is the hub of the Mailboat services that provide regular passenger and freight shipping to the Family Islands (out islands).
- Atlantis Marina; 242-363-3000; Paradise I. 63 slips; access to resort facilities; casino; WiFi; laundry & dry cleaning.
- Bayshore Marina; 242-393-8232.
- East Bay Marina; 242-394-1816.
- Harbour View Marina.
- Hurricane Hole Marina; 242-363-3600; email@example.com; Paradise I. 65 Slip; WiFi.
- Nassau Harbour Club; 242-393-0771 / 0772 / 0773.
- Nassau Yacht Haven; 242-393-8173; firstname.lastname@example.org. 150 Slips, laundry, showers, restaurant. Walking distance to cruisers' needs.
- Automotive & Industrial Distributors (AID); 242-393-7481.
- Bahamas Diesel.
- Bahamas Divers.
- Browns Boat Basin; 242-393-3331. Marine supplies. Located across from Nassau Yacht Haven.
- Bay Street Garage; 242-322-2524 / 2082. Oil, parts, electrical.
- Harbourside Marine; 242-394-8360. Yamaha outboard dealer; will ship by mailboat to out islands.
- Lightbourne Marine; 242-393-5285 / 5549; email@example.com. Marine supplies, parts, electronics.
- Screws & Fasteners World; 242-326-1976.
- Bayshore Marina; 242-393-8232; hauling, painting.
- Browns Boat Basin; 242-393-3331. Hauling, general repairs.
- Cooper's Marine Specialist; carpentry.
- Freezing Point Marine Air Conditioning Refrigeration
- Global Auto & Marine Electronics.
- Harbourside Marine; 242-394-8360.
- Island Communications.
- Jeff Marine Electric.
- Lightbourne Marine; 242-393-5285/5549; firstname.lastname@example.org. Marine supplies, parts, electronics.
- Marlin Marine; 242-395-7873.
- Marine Diesel Limited; 242-394-2135.
- M&E Marine; 242-323-5701; email@example.com; marine diesel service.
- Marlin Marine; 242-393-7873. 1/4 mi E of Paradise Island Bridge.
- Marine Diesel Ltd.; 242-394-2135; firstname.lastname@example.org; Yanmar Westerbeke and other marine diesel service.
- Phillips Sailmakers.
- West Atlantic Marine; 242-353-8371.
- Air Ambulance; 242-362-1606.
- Doctor's Hospital; 242-322-8411; Collins Ave. & Shirley St. Private hospital.
- Davis-Dorsett, Janet MD; 242-328-3307. Child & Adolescent Health Care.
- New Providence Dialysis Unit; 242-393-5404.
- Princess Margaret Hospital; 242-322-2861/ 242-326-7014; Shirley St. Government-run.
- Trauma & Emergency Medical Service Ltd.; 242-325-0227.
- Pharmacy: Cole Thompson; Pilot House, near Yacht Haven.
- Pharmacy: Hurricane Hole Marina Drug Store; Paradise Island.
- Pharmacy: Lowe's'; Harbour Bay Plaza.
- Pharmacy: Prescription Palour Pharmacy; 242-356-3973; Fax: 4126
- Walk -in Clinic; 242-348-0783; Collins Ave.
- Note: Vessels should report entry and departure to Nassau Harbor Control; 242-322-1596; VHF Ch-16.
- DHL; 242-394-4040.
- FedEx; 242-322-5656.
- Florida Air Cargo; 305-687-1080. Daily airfreight to Nassau from Ft. Lauderdale.
- G&G Shipping.
- UPS; 242-393-3795.
- Lightspeed Shipping; 242-323-7767; 242-810-5976; email@example.com. Contact: Nathalia Gibbs. A new operation serving Nassau, Eleuthera, and Long Island. Items sent to their shipping point in Pompano Beach FL will be transported by air to the local airport on the island. They will provide package tracking information and handle Customs. They will also provide personal shopping services from vendors in the Pompano Beach area. Use their website to set up an account to ship your package.
- Mailboat Company LTD; 242-393-2628. Shipping between Ft. Lauderdale and Nassau.
- Tropical Shipping; 242-322-1012. Serving Nassau, Freeport, and Marsh Harbour from W Palm Beach and Miami for small and large packages.
- Tropix Express; 242-393-0644. Offices in Ft. Lauderdale and Nassau; will take packages through Customs in Nassau for pick up or to ship onward. Contact: Anita.
- Hair salon is located in shopping center with City Market.
- Bahamas Defense Force: 242-322-1994.
- Emergency: 919; 242-322-4444.
- Main GPO; East Hill Street
- Branch PO; Shirley Street E of Mackay Street.
- Mail addressed in care of a yacht may be sent to any marina to be held for pickup.
- Contact marinas to arrange for tank refills.
- Atlantis; 242-363-3000. Paradise Island.
- Sandals Royal Bahamian; 242-327-6400; 888-SANDALS. Luxury resort with villas on private island.
- As the center of Bahamian culture and life, Nassau offers myriad restaurants with the full spectrum of national and international cuisine available.
- Columbus Tavern; 242-363-2534; Paradise Harbour Club, Paradise I. Happy hour; waterfront dining.
- The Poop Deck; 242-393-8175. Overlooking Nassau Yacht Haven.
- The Poop Deck; 242-327-3325. On the beach at Sandy Port, West Bay.
- Green Parrot Crew Pub; 242-323-7960. Prince George Wharf, Nassau.
- Green Parrot Hurricane Hole; 242-363-3633. Hurricane Hole Marina, Paradise Island.
- Green Parrot Harbour Front; 242-322-9248.
- Hammerheads Bar & Grill; 242-393-5625; firstname.lastname@example.org. Located between the 2 bridges to Paradise Island, about 1/2 mile either way from Harbour Central and Brown's Boat Basin, Harbour Club, etc. Happy Hour every day from 4-7pm. Live music on Friday nights. Free wireless internet. Check website for the complete menu. A "happy" finding for visiting cruisers.
- Note: Restaurant closed! Outback Steakhouse; 242-394-8145. E. Bay St. across from Paradise Island bridges.
- Nassau is the economic and cultural center of the Bahamas. Many shopping centers and duty free shops are available near the waterfront.
- Commonwealth Fabric Centre; 242-325-0629.
- Downtown Straw Market; Bay Street.
- GNC Nutrition Centers; 242-394-2180.
- Nassau is a large urban area with a lot of very poor people. You should exercise caution as you would in any other such area.
- Keep boats locked.
- Stow dinghies out of water at night.
- Use taxis at night.
Snorkeling & Scuba Diving
- Bahama Divers; 242-393-6054; email@example.com Dive Shop, service, diving trips. Located in Nassau Yacht Haven Marina.
Things to See & Do
- Art Galleries: There are many galleries available.
- Atlantis Resort; Paradise Island. Open air acquarium.
- Bahamas Historical Society; Shirly Street & Elizabeth Avenue.
- Balcony House Museum; Market Street.
- Bahamas National Trust, The Retreat, Park Headquarters; 242-393-1317. Park located on Village Road with 11 acres with palms, bird watching.
- Blue Lagoon Island. Swim with dolphins.
- Casinos; Cable Beach and Paradise Island.
- Cloisters and Versailles Gardens.
- Historical Sites: Nassau offers many interesting historical sites. These include: Fort Charlotte; Fort Fincastle; Government House; the Queens staircase; The Water Tower ; Balcony House; Ardastra Gardens and Zoo; Parliament & Supreme Court Buildings.
- Junkanoo Expo; Prince George Wharf.
- Nassau Public Library and Museum; Shirley Street.
- Pompey Museum of Slavery and Emancipation; Vendue House,
- bay street.
- Sightseeing: There are many interesting and beautiful places to see in Nassau and its environs. Many sightseeing services are available.
- Tourist Office; 242-377-6806; airport.
- Tourist Office; 242-326-9871; Rawson Square near Prince George Wharf.
- Nassau harbour serves as the reference station for tidal data throughout the Bahamas.
- Local tides will be listed as a time offset + or - from the corresponding tide at Nassau.
- Public dumpsters available at marinas.
- RO water may be purchased at marinas.
- Airport Met Office; 242-377-7178.
- Bahamas Met Office website provides weather forecast for local areas throughout the Bahamas.
- Nassau Met Office Forecast; 1540 AM; 0615, 0645.
- Marine Weather Center; Daily SSB, webcast, & email forecasts by Chris Parker. Note: Best reception in this area is usually on 4045 KHz USB Simplex at 0630 AST.
- VHF Ch-72; 0715.
Topics: 13 Jan 12