Updated: 15 April 2017
Click on the Link Below to purchase a complete current digital copy of the Bahamas Cruisers Guide with your PayPal account:
Add Bahamas Cruisers Guide Remote Edition To Shopping Cart
After making your purchase you will be able to download a compressed copy (in .zip format). Note: This file must be decompressed using your computer's utility for unzipping files before the Guide files can be accessed on your computer.
Instructions for use on a laptop:
- Download the file.
- Use your computer's file decompression utility to unzip the file and a folder named "Bahamas Cruisers Guide" will be created.
- Now you can use your normal web browser to access the Guide.
- Select the browser's "Open File" menu command to open the index.html file in the Bahamas Cruisers Guide folder OR double-click on the index.html file. Create a Bookmark for this location for future use. You must use this procedure so that your browser will know to redirect all the internal links to the Guide folder.
- Navigate all the Guide's internal links as usual to access content. [Note: external links that would take you to separate websites require an active connection to the internet to be reached.]
Information for iPad / iPhone / Smart Phone / Tablet Users.
The Guide can be accessed on an a portable device when it is not connected to the internet. First, It is necessary to have an App on the device that allows off-line viewing of files (and also, usually, display and management of other data files). Examples of these are:
GoodReader — and excellent App that allows you to handle just about any file type (html; pdf; jpeg, etc.).
Once you have an appropriate App on your device, there are two ways to install the Guide:
1. First purchase, download, and unzip a copy of the Guide using the web browser on your laptop. Then transfer it to your iPad / smartphone / tablet. Note: this will allow you to have the Guide on both your laptop and your iPad / smartphone / tablet. [Note: it is possible to transfer a copy by AirDrop between Apple devices (MacBook to iPad or iPhone) to the GoodReader App.
2. Use the web browser on your iPad / smartphone / tablet to purchase and download a copy of the Guide. For the download, your device will ask you to select the App you want to use to view it. Note: GoodReader and iSaveWeb Pro will unzip the download file.
Once transferred to an App, open the index.html file to access the Guide.
The Guide is updated continuously.
Benefits of Purchasing a Download
- Access all the key information in the Guide at any time on your laptop.
- Use the power of your browser's Search function to find the information you need.
- Plan, research areas, and identify external websites to check when you next have internet access.
- Bahamas Cruisers Guide is copyrighted.
- Purchase of a download grants the purchaser a license to use the Bahamas Cruisers Guide on their electronic devices (laptop, smart phone, tablet).
- Transfer of the Guide to others is prohibited under this license.