- The Bahamas Cruisers Guide lists information needed to support the cruising life style.
- Services, Facilities, and Attractions and are listed by Island group then Cay / Island, anchorage.
- Start with the Geographic Index.
General Guidance on How to Use the Guide.
- The Bahamas Cruisers Guide has been designed to need relatively low bandwidth to use on line. Bandwidth gobbling graphics are kept to a minimum, for example.
Main Menu Topics
- The Geographic Index presents a list of Island groups and the associated islands / cays and anchorages.
- Services, Facilities, and Attractions information is indexed by island group then cay / island and then anchorage or settlement where appropriate.
- Click on the place of interest to go to the specific page for that area which will also provide links to Google maps of the area.
- For each cay / island / settlement / anchorage, Information about facilities and service is provided in the format of a standard set of topics listed alphabetically. Entries under each topic are also listed alphabetically.
- Where no service is available for a topic or reliable primary source data is not available, the topic has no entry.
- Where the information is available phone numbers and website links, etc. are provided.
- As information becomes available from primary sources or other cruisers, it is added, after review, under the appropriate topic.
- Comments provided by cruisers are indicated
- A list of Google Maps with information about specific areas.
- Google maps with facilities and attractions are provided for many of the principal cruising areas; they can be viewed by the links on this page or by links on the associated geographic area page.
- Map pins show the location of a facility, service or attraction.
- To use the map, select the appropriate map link and request the larger view to see both the map and the list of map pins.
- Click on a map pin and the map will slew to that location.
- Click the + or - to zoom in or out.
- A list of topics about cruising.
- Reports provided by cruising boats about passages they have made through specific areas.
- Important advice about cruising in the Bahamas.
- A menu of pages covering topics of general interest to cruisers.
- Information about events during the current cruising season.
- Whimsey - fun & games.
- A list of boats cruising in the Bahamas during the current cruising season.
- A list of blogs and websites for boats cruising in the Bahamas.
- Good sources of cruising information.
- Links to websites of interest to cruisers.
- Information about how cruisers can provide reports that will extend the guide and assist fellow cruisers.
- Cruisers are encouraged to provide comments concerning new facilities and attractions as well as corrections for existing entries.
- Bahamian business are encouraged to provide descriptions of the services and facilities they offer for cruisers.
- Information about the goals and purpose of the Guide.
Updated: 10 Jan 13