- Bluewater Books & Charts; 954-763-6533 - Ft. Lauderdale FL; 401-847-4252 - Newport RI.; email@example.com. A great source for books, paper and electronic charts.
- Explorer Charts are currently the best paper charts of the Bahamas. They also do a very good job as a cruising guide and information source. Free updates are available from their website.
- Landfall Navigation; 800-943-2219. Electronic and paper charts.
- NOAA ENC digital charts. Source to download NOAA electronic charts. [ENC chart viewer software required for use.]
- Lewis Offshore Ltd. / Explorer Charts; 410-213-2725; firstname.lastname@example.org The publisher of Explorer Charts offers a broad selection of marine-related publications with free shipping in the U.S.
ENC Chart Viewers
- PolarView: Free ENC chart viewer for the Mac from PolarNavy. They also offer chartplotter and navigation versions.
- MacENC: ENC chart viewer, grib viewer, and navigation software for the Mac.
iPad Apps for Cruising
- Pocket Grib This app is a superb GRIB weather file viewer and data manager. SV Onward uses it daily and can't say enough good about it.
- Navionics. Navionics offers a suite of chart apps. For those using Raymarine with Navionics charts, these apps provide a good way to plan and inspect routes using the same charts that drive the boat.
Updated: 21 Feb 2013