Located NE of Highborne Cay, there are no facilities available on these small cays. It is an easy dinghy ride from Highborne Cay anchorage in settled weather.
Explorer Chart: EX10, EX10A
There are no facilities or services available on these Cays.
- Anchorages are between the Leaf and Allen Cays and just inside the arms of SW Allens Cay. See Explorer Chart.
- Iguanas: there is a substantial colony of iguanas on Allen's Cay.
- Cruisers: assist in an ongoing research study of the feeding habits of iguanas by reporting your observations to Kirsten Hines; see: Feeding Study.
- Wildlife: SW Allen’s Cay is a good location to see Iguanas. There is a nice sandy beach at the apex between the two arms of the cay.
- Allen's and Leaf Cays can be reached by dinghy from the anchorage off the SW coast of Highborne Cay and the marina there which offer better protection.
- Highborne Cay Marina broadcasts weather daily at 0730 on VHF Ch 06.
- Marine Weather Center; Daily SSB, webcast, & email forecasts by Chris Parker. Note: Best reception in this area is usually on 4045 KHz USB Simplex at 0630 AST.
- Bahamas Met Office website provides weather forecast for local areas throughout the Bahamas.