Manjack Cay does not offer any facilities for cruisers, but there are three useful anchorages.
Note: A topic with no bullets following indicates that there is nothing of this type available or that if it does exist no information is available. Email the Guide. if you have any related information.
Abacos Map with facilities and attractions.
Explorer Chart: AB13
- NW corner off of Nunjack point
- S Central off Coconut Tree Beach
- SE between Manjack and Crab Cays
- Note: there are sections of bottom with a thin coating of sand over underlying rock. Check your anchor to assure it is buried in sand and move it to another location if it is not.
- Bahamas Area Websites. Sites that can be searched for tourist and business information throughout the Bahamas.
- This cay is privately owned and there are several full-time residents. Some residents have allowed cruisers to come ashore on their property. Cruisers should respect residents property and not take the liberty to use shore facilities without being invited.
Bank & ATM
Boat Rental / Charter
BTC / Batelco Office
Cell Phone Service
- Abaco Cruisers Net operates daily on VHF Ch 68 from 0815 to 0915. The goals of the net are safety, friendship, and message handling. The net provides weather, notices from local businesses, messaging between cruisers, arrivals and departures.
- Report whale sightings to BMMRO! Bahamas Marine Mammal Research Organization; 242-366-4155; 242-357-6666; email@example.com.
- Friends of the Environment; 242-367-2721 / 0721; firstname.lastname@example.org. Based in Marsh Harbour.
- See: Environment & Ecology for Cruisers
- BASRA; 242-367-2226 / 3752; VHF Ch-16, Ch-20.
- Bahamas Red Cross; 242-367-0734. Marsh Harbour.
- Cruisers who need to be contacted in an emergency can receive an email if it is sent with contact information (boat name; persons name; cottage name) in the Subject line to: email@example.com This is provided as a free service by Out Island Internet.
- Police / Fire emergency phone: 919 or 911
- TowBoatU.S. Marsh Harbor; 242-367-4602. Service Area: 100 miles offshore. Home base: Rockledge, FL.
- VHF Ch-16 is monitored by emergency services and local authorities in the Abacos.
Golf Cart / Scooter Rental
Government / Administrator
Groceries & Produce
Hardware & Lumber
Internet & WiFi
Marina & Dockage
Marine Supplies & Parts
Marine Services & Repairs
Medical / Clinic / Pharmacy
Packages & Shipping
Post Office / Mail
Restaurant & Bar
Retail Therapy - Shopping
Snorkeling & Scuba Diving
Things to See & Do
- Marine Weather Center; Daily SSB, webcast, & email forecasts by Chris Parker. Note: Best reception in this area is usually on 4045 KHz USB Simplex at 0630 AST.
- Bahamas Met Office website provides weather forecast for local areas throughout the Bahamas.
- Barometer Bob; an excellent website providing weather for the Abacos.
- Abacos Cruisers Net; VHF Ch 68 at 0815; provides a daily weather summary.
- FM Radio 93.5 MHz; Radio Abaco at 0630.
Topics: 19 Jan 12