Lubbers Quarters is a small cay located in the Sea of Abaco off the SW tip of Elbow Cay opposite Tiloo Cut. It is mostly a residential cay with small resorts and no real settlement. There are two neat restaurant & bars worth visiting on the SE shore.
Explorer Chart: AB-22
Area Information / Tourism
- Mariee Mason; 242-477-5871; email@example.com; Silver Moonrise. Marlee has over 25 years experience working sea glass with fine silver and sterling silver. She also is a Plein Air landscape and seascape oil painter. She will work with customers who commission jewelry made from their seaglass beach finds from her studio in Marsh Harbour.
- Dee's Sunshine Bakery; VHF Ch16 "Bulletproof". Dee bakes pizza and will sometimes be able to deliver.
BTC / Batelco Office
Cell Phone Service
Customs & Immigration
- Cracker P's. A pier with ladders is available.
- Lubbers Landing. A pier with ladders is available.
- Aubury Ferry runs from Hope Town to Lubbers Quarters.
- Down Deep; VHF Ch16. Operates a fish market on the SW side of the cay.
Golf Cart / Scooter Rental
Government / Administrator
Groceries & Produce
Hardware & Lumber
- Lubbers Landing. Talk to the operators if you need a small amount.
Internet & WiFi
- Lubbers Landing; 242-577-2000; 1-772-237-6923; firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers three eco cottages, see below.
- Moonrise an eco cottage vacation rental offered by Maree Mason ; 242-477-5871; email@example.com.
Marina & Dockage
Marine Supplies & Parts
Marine Services & Repairs
Medical / Clinic / Pharmacy
Packages & Shipping
Post Office / Mail
- Lubbers Landing; 242-577-2000; 1-772-237-6923; firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers an Eco Resort with three cabins built into the greenery and connected to the restaurant & bar via a wooden walkway. These are delightfully furnished as efficiencies.
- Cracker P's Bar & Grill; 242-577-3139; VHF Ch-16; email@example.com. A restaurant & bar on the beach operated by Linda and Patrick. Lunch: 1200-1600; Dinner 1900-2100. Open 22 Dec 2012 to 6 Jan 2013; closed Christmas. Reservations requested.
- Lubbers Landing; 242-577-2000; 1-772-237-6923; firstname.lastname@example.org. A restaurant and bar on the beach. Serves fantastic fresh lime margaritas. The Island Burger is made of ground yellowfin tuna and spices and grilled. Delish. The Conch burger is made from ground conch and grilled. Bison burgers are also on offer. Lat/Long: 26º 29.788N; 76º 59.640 W.
- The restaurants & bars provide restrooms for the use of their patrons.
- Cracker P's. Gift shop.
- Lubbers Landing. A boutique offers clothing and jewelry.
Things to See & Do
- Marine Weather Center; Daily SSB, webcast, & email forecasts by Chris Parker. Note: Best reception in this area is usually on 4045 KHz USB Simplex at 0630 AST.
- Bahamas Met Office website provides weather forecast for local areas throughout the Bahamas.
- Barometer Bob; an excellent website providing weather for the Abacos.
- Abacos Cruisers Net; VHF Ch 68 at 0815; provides a daily weather summary.
- FM Radio 93.5 MHz; Radio Abaco at 0630.
Updated: 10 Jan 13
Topics: 20 Dec 12