Hard Bargain Settlement.
Note: A topic with no bullets following indicates that there is nothing of this type available or that if it does exist no information is available. Email the Guide. if you have any related information.
Explorer Chart: AB-5
- There is an airstrip ~1 mi. S of the settlement.
- Cat Island Air; 242-377-3318. Scheduled flights from Nassau; 4 per week.
- Bahamas Area Websites. Sites that can be searched for tourist and business information throughout the Bahamas.
- Art Gallery / Art
Bank & ATM
Boat Rental / Charter
BTC / Batelco Office
- 242-366-4000; Fax: 242-366-4390.
Cell Phone Service
- Assembly of God.
Customs & Immigration
- Government dock.
- Beaches and lower docks in creek.
- Report whale sightings to BMMRO! Bahamas Marine Mammal Research Organization; 242-366-4155; 242-357-6666; email@example.com.
- Friends of the Environment; 242-367-2721 / 0721; firstname.lastname@example.org. Based in Marsh Harbour.
- See: Environment & Ecology for Cruisers
- BASRA; 242-367-2226 / 3752; VHF Ch-16, Ch-20.
- Bahamas Red Cross; 242-367-0734. Marsh Harbour.
- Cruisers who need to be contacted in an emergency can receive an email if it is sent with contact information (boat name; persons name; cottage name) in the Subject line to: email@example.com This is provided as a free service by Out Island Internet.
- Police / Fire emergency phone: 919 or 911
- TowBoatU.S. Marsh Harbor; 242-367-4602. Service Area: 100 miles offshore. Home base: Rockledge, FL.
- VHF Ch-16 is monitored by emergency services and local authorities in the Abacos.
- Sea Link Fast Ferry to Nassau.
- Lightbourn's Marina Texaco; 242-366-4185. Diesel and gas.
- Thompson's Filling Sation.
Government / Administrator
- 242-366-4001 /4004. Local Administration Building.
- E&E Dry Goods & Grocery; 242-366-4135. Has groceries and local vegetables and produce.
- Stop & Shop.
- Available at fish packing house.
Internet & WiFi
- Oeisha's Resort.
- Pete & Gay's Guest House.
- Rickman's Hotel.
Marina & Dockage
- Lightbourne's Marina; 242-366-4185. 4 slips for 20-40' boats; water, electricity.
Marine Services & Repairs
Medical / Clinic / Pharmacy
- Clinic; 242-366-4010; nurse and doctor on staff.
Packages & Shipping
- 242-366-4044 / 4448. Office in local Administration Building.
- 242-366-6461. Mail service by weekly mail boat.
- Available by arrangement with Marsh Harbour via shuttle.
Restaurant & Bar
- Eric's Pub; 242-366-4151.
- Pete & Gay's Restaurant.
- Nancy's Seaside Inn Restaurant & Bar; 242-366-4120.
- Gifts at Clarkes.
- Lightbourne's Discount Centre; 242-367-2651.
Snorkeling & Scuba Diving
- Pete & Gay's shuttle to Marsh Harbour.
- Taxi #198; 242-366-4030; 242-475-7766; 242-375-9677; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disney Cruise Line; 242-366-4450 / 4451.
- Trash bins are available in the settlement.
- Available at government dock.
- Marine Weather Center; Daily SSB, webcast, & email forecasts by Chris Parker. Note: Best reception in this area is usually on 4045 KHz USB Simplex at 0630 AST.
- Bahamas Met Office website provides weather forecast for local areas throughout the Bahamas.
- Barometer Bob; an excellent website providing weather for the Abacos.
- Abacos Cruisers Net; VHF Ch 68 at 0815; provides a daily weather summary.
- FM Radio 93.5 MHz; Radio Abaco at 0630.
Topics: 19 Jan 12